Engineering Term Abroad in China
The ETA in Shanghai program is designed to provide a one semester study abroad experience for all ME students with good academic standing. The program enables students to spend one semester studying at Shanghai Jiao Tong University with minimal or no financial or academic impact. The term offers both a great academic experience at a world-class university and an incredible cultural adventure for all students.
- No language requirement - All core and many technical and non-technical courses are taught in English.
- No impact to plan of study (POS) or time-to-graduation - We have identified a selected set of courses at SJTU that will transfer as ME core courses.
- No impact to Purdue GPA - ME courses taken abroad with C- or better grades will receive appropriate credit transfer and are not included in Purdue GPA computation.
- You can go with your friends - The ETA program has been growing in number of students ever since its inaugural year.
- No financial impact - You will pay the normal Purdue tuition and fees and you will be considered a full-time registered student at Purdue. The ETA should not impact scholarship or other financial aide eligibility, and housing is provided by SJTU.
- No impact to internship or summer semester - You will be able to return home in time for summer internships or Purdue's summer academic semester.